Biggest Ticket Giveaway Ever (Sweepstakes) – Official Rules
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. SUBJECT TO ALLFEDERAL, STATE, PROVINCIAL, MUNICIPAL AND LOCAL LAWS, REGULATIONS, AND ORDINANCES. Void outside the U.S and where prohibited by law. The Harlem Globetrotter Biggest Ticket Giveaway Ever ("Sweepstakes") begins October 29, 2013 (3:00:01 p.m. ET) and ends December 23, 2013 (12:00:01 a.m. ET) ("Sweepstakes Period").
1. Eligibility. From the official time and date of the start of the Sweepstakes Period through the final date of prize fulfillment, you must be a lawful permanent U.S. citizen and resident, currently residing in the 48 contiguous United States or the District of Columbia (“Participant”). You must also be 13 years of age or older as of the official time and date of the start of the Sweepstakes Period. The Sweepstakes is void in Alaska, Hawaii, Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands, U.S. Military installations in foreign countries, and all other U.S. territories and possessions where restricted or prohibited by law. The Sweepstakes, and any website pages and advertisements relating thereto, is intended for viewing only within the United States. This Sweepstakes shall be governed by laws of the United States. Employees, officers and directors of Harlem Globetrotters International, Inc. (the "Sponsor"), their marketing agencies, their respective parents, affiliates, subsidiaries, representatives, consultants, contractors, legal counsel, advertising, public relations, promotional fulfillment, website site providers, web masters, (collectively, “Sweepstakes Entities”) as well as their immediate family (defined spouse, mother, father, sisters, brothers, sons, daughters, uncles, aunts, nephews, nieces, grandparents and in-laws, regardless of where they live) and members of their households (whether or not related) of each are not eligible to enter or win the Sweepstakes. Participant's participation constitutes full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and to Sponsor's decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Sweepstakes. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein. All Participants must have access to the Internet prior to the start of the Sweepstakes.
A Participant is not a prize winner unless and until Participant's eligibility has been verified, Participant has fully complied with these Official Rules, and has been notified by Sponsor or its agent to such effect.
Completing and submitting an online Sweepstakes entry form is the only means of participating in the Sweepstakes.
Any attempt by any Participant to exceed the entry limit by using multiple/different e-mail addresses, identities, registrations, or any other methods will void all Participant entries and Participant will be disqualified. Use of any automated, programmed or like means to enter the Sweepstakes will result in disqualification. Sponsor and its agencies are not responsible for late, lost, garbled/undecipherable, misdirected, incomplete or invalid entries, which will be disqualified. In the event of a dispute as to identity of any Participant, the member assigned to the e-mail used to enter the Sweepstakes will be deemed the Participant.
3. Drawing and Notification. Grand Prize Winners (defined as an Entrant with a Submission that was randomly picked) will be selected each day during a fifty (50) day period, commencing on November 4th 2013 and ending December 23rd 2013, in random drawings from among all eligible Submissions received during the Sweepstakes Period by The Harlem Globetrotters ("Administrator"). Potential Grand Prize Winners will be notified by e-mail and/or telephone, in Sponsor's sole discretion. Odds of winning depend on the number of Submissions received. Failure of Potential Grand Prize Winner to respond to such notification with 48 hours will result in disqualification of Potential Grand Prize Winner and an alternate potential Grand Prize Winner will be selected (“Alternative Potential Grand Prize Winner”). Alternate Potential Grand Prize Winners shall be contacted as soon as practicable and shall also have 48 hours to respond. Sponsor reserves the right to modify the notification procedures in connection with the selection of any Alternate Grand Prize Potential winners, if any. AN PARTICIPANT IS NOT A WINNER OF ANY PRIZE UNLESS AND UNTIL PARTICIPANT’S ELIGIBILITY HAS BEEN VERIFIED AS FULLY STATED HEREIN, AND PARTICIPANT HAS BEEN NOTIFIED VERIFICATION IS COMPLETE (“Grand Prize Winner”).
4. Grand Prize.
4.1 Each Grand Prize Winner will receive two (2) ticket vouchers for a guest of his/her choosing who also must be at least thirteen (13) years old as of the official time and date of the start of the Sweepstakes Period (“Guest”) for a Harlem Globetrotters 2014 North American "Fans Rule" Tour game. Grand Prize Winner’s choosing from the following schedule: http://www.harlemglobetrotters.com/full-schedule (“Event”) FOR PURPOSES OF CLARITY, TRAVEL TO THE EVENT IS NOT INCLUDED IN THE GRAND PRIZE. Additional restrictions may apply. Each Grand Prize Winner’s Guest must meet the eligibility requirements, as more fully described in Section 7 below. The approximate retail value ("ARV") of each Prize (2 tickets) is Eighty Dollars ($80.00).
4.2 Sponsor is not responsible if the Event is delayed, postponed or cancelled for any reason and Grand Prize Winner will not be reimbursed for the Event. Sponsor is not responsible if Grand Prize Winner’s Guest cannot attend and/or travel to the Event. If Grand Prize Winner’s Guest cannot attend the Event, Grand Prize Winner will not be reimbursed for the Event. Sponsor is not responsible if Grand Prize Winner does not use his/her tickets on dates of the Event. Grand Prize are non-transferable, except to Grand Prize Winner’s Guest as stated in Section 4.1, and no substitution will be made except as provided herein at Sponsor’s sole discretion. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize for one of equal or greater value if the designated prize should become unavailable for any reason.
4.3 Limit one Grand Prize per person/household. Actual value of Grand Prize may vary and any difference between actual value and ARV will not be awarded. Any costs associated with Grand Prize receipt and/or use that are not expressly stated above are not included in the Prize package and are the responsibility solely of the Grand Prize Winner. Such costs may include, without limitation, any additional ground transportation, accommodations, travel to and from the Event, meals, incidentals, tips, telephone calls or other personal costs and expenses not specified herein but relation to the use or acceptance of the Grand Prize which are the sole responsibility of the Grand Prize Winner.
4.4 Grand Prize Winner is responsible for obtaining identification documents required for the Event. Sponsor will not replace any lost or stolen tickets, vouchers, certificates, Grand Prize or prize components once they are in the Grand Prize Winner’s possession. No transfer, or cash or other substitution of any Grand Prize allowed except that Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to substitute a Grand Prize or Prize component of comparable or greater value.
5. General Prize Conditions. Payments of all federal, state and local taxes are solely the responsibility of the Grand Prize Winners. Grand Prize Winner will each be required to complete and submit an IRS form W – 9 to Sponsor indicating the Grand Prize Winner’s full Social Security Number or equivalent for the receipt of any prize(s) awarded by Sponsor in a calendar year with an aggregate value of $600 or more. Failure to submit a complete W-9 or equivalent will result in forfeiture of the Grand Prize or Runner-up Prize as applicable.
6. Grand Prize Eligibility. IF THE GRAND PRIZE WINNER’ S GUEST ARE NOT ABLE TO TRAVEL TO THE EVENT, THE GRAND PRIZE WINNER FORFEITS THAT ELEMENT OF THE PRIZE. A POTENTIAL GRAND PRIZE WINNER IS NOT A WINNER OF ANY PRIZE UNLESS AND UNTIL THE POTENTIAL GRAND PRIZE WINNER’S ELIGIBILITY HAS BEEN VERIFIED AS FULLY STATED HEREIN, AND POTENTIAL GRAND PRIZE WINNER HAS BEEN NOTIFIED VERIFICATION IS COMPLETE. No compensation will be made if the Event tickets are not awarded, the Event does not occur, Grand Prize Winner’s Guest cannot attend and/or travel to the Event or the Event does not occur within a certain time period, due to circumstances beyond Sponsor’s control. Except where prohibited, Potential Grand Prize Winner will be required to execute an Affidavit of Eligibility, a Liability Release and a Publicity Release, a Minor Release for the Guests attending the Event and a Tax Acceptance Form (Affidavit/ Release”). The Guest of Potential Grand Prize Winner must be permanent lawful U.S. citizen and resident residing within the United States and able to travel to the Event, and must sign and return a Liability and Publicity Release prior to Event tickets being issued, except where prohibited. Such documents must be signed and returned by the date and/or time indicated within such documents. If Potential Grand Prize Winner fails to sign and/or have signed and return such documents within that time, or if an Participant is found to be ineligible, or if a Participant does not comply with the Official Rules, then Potential Grand Prize Winner will be disqualified and an Alternate Potential Grand Prize Winner will be selected. Participant waives the right to assert as a cost of winning the Grand Prize any and all costs of verification and redemption or travel to redeem said Grand Prize and any liability which might arise from redeeming or seeking to redeem said Grand Prize. Sponsor is not responsible for fraudulent calls or emails made to Participants not from Sponsor. All federal, state or other tax liabilities (including income taxes) arising from this Sweepstakes will be the sole responsibility of the Grand Prize Winner and Guest. Except where prohibited by law, each Grand Prize Winner’s Submission and acceptance of the Grand Prize constitutes permission for the Sweepstakes Entities to use the name, photograph, likeness, statements, biographical information, voice, city and state address of Grand Prize Winner and Guests for promotional or advertising purposes in connection with this Sweepstakes on a worldwide basis, and in all forms of media, now or hereafter known, in perpetuity, without review permission or further compensation. All Submissions are subject to verification prior to awarding of prize. Eligibility, age and claims made by a Potential Grand Prize Winner are also subject to verification prior to awarding of the Grand Prize.
7. Sweepstakes Conditions – Void Where Prohibited. This Sweepstakes is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws of the United States. By participating, Participants agree to be fully and unconditionally bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor and waive any and all right to claim ambiguity in the Contest or these Official Rules. Grand Prize Winner, Guests, and Participants also agree to release, discharge, indemnify and hold harmless the Sweepstakes Entities and each of their respective officers, directors, employees, representatives and agents and Facebook, Inc. from and against any claims, damages, disability, attorneys’ fees, and costs of litigation and settlement, as well as any liability due to any injuries, damages or losses to any person (including death) or property; of any acceptance, possession, ownership, misuse of any Grand Prize or Runner-up Prize; or participation in any distribution; or in production errors. Sponsor may rescind any promotion found to contain such errors without liability at its sole discretion. THE Sweepstakes ENTITIES DO NOT MAKE ANY WARRANTY, REPRESENTATION OR GUARANTEE, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, IN FACT OR IN LAW, RELATIVE TO THE USE OF ANY PRIZE, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, QUALITY, MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. FURTHER, NO RESPONSIBILITIES ARE ACCEPTED FOR ANY ADDITIONAL EXPENSES, OMISSIONS, DELAYS OR ACTS OR GOVERNMENT OR AUTHORITY.
8. Restrictions – Void Where Prohibited. Sponsor may at Sponsor’s sole and absolute discretion: (i) provide different prizes of different or greater value; Sponsor shall not be liable to any Grand Prize Winner, Guests, Runner-up Prize Winners, Participants rticipants and Runner-Up Participants for failure to supply the Grand Prize or any part thereof and/or the Runner-up Prize or any part thereof, reason of any acts of God, any action(s) regulation(s), order(s) or request(s) by any governmental or quasi-governmental entity (whether or not the action(s) regulation(s), order(s) or request(s) prove(s) to be invalid), equipment failure, threatened terrorist acts, terrorist acts, air raid, blackout, act of public enemy, earthquake, war (declared or undeclared), fire, flood, epidemic, explosion, unusually severe weather, hurricane, embargo, labor dispute or strike (whether legal or illegal) labor or material shortage, transportation interruption of any kind, work slow-down, civil disturbance, insurrection, riot, or any other cause beyond Sponsor’s sole control. Sponsor shall not be responsible for any cancellations, delays, diversions or substitutions or any act or omissions whosoever by the performers/events. Sponsor shall not be liable for any loss or damage to baggage or the loss, theft or damage of cash, cameras, jewelry, securities, heirlooms, negotiable papers or other valuables. Due to the nature of the Grand Prize and/or Runner-up Prize, Sponsor shall not be obligated to provide the Grand Prize to the Potential Grand Prize Winner if a Grand Prize Winner cannot fully enjoy the Grand Prize due to illness or other reason, which shall be determined in Sponsor’s sole discretion or to provide the Runner-up Prize to the Potential Runner-up Prize Winner if a Runner-up Prize Winner cannot fully enjoy the Runner-up Prize due to illness or other reason, which shall be determined in Sponsor’s sole discretion. Under this circumstance, Sponsor may or may not seek an Alternate Potential Grand Prize Winner or Alternate Potential Runner-up Prize Winner if it feels there is a reasonable time to do so, in its sole discretion. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
9. General Conditions. Administrator's computer is the official clock for purposes of participation in the Sweepstakes. If, for any reason, the Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned, Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, modify the Sweepstakes or suspend the Sweepstakes to address the impairment and then resume the Sweepstakes in a manner that best conforms to the spirit of these Official Rules. In such event, Sponsor may select potential prize winners and make prizes available by some other means deemed by Sponsor in its sole discretion to be fair, appropriate and consistent with the spirit of these Official Rules. And, notice of such action by Sponsor will be posted at HarlemGlobetrotters.com. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual it finds to be attempting to tamper with or undermine the entry process, the website and/or the legitimate operation of this Sweepstakes or to be acting in violation of these Official Rules or in a disruptive or unsportsmanlike manner or with the intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person. Any attempt by any person to deliberately damage Sponsor's or any related Sweepstakes website or undermine the legitimate operation of this Sweepstakes may be a violation of criminal and civil laws and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law (as well as disqualifying such individual, if appropriate). Sponsor's failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision. Neither Sponsor nor anyone acting on its behalf will enter into any communications with any Participant regarding this Sweepstakes, except as expressly set forth in these Official Rules. These Official Rules may not be published elsewhere without the express written consent of Sponsor, which may be withheld for any reason.
10. Publicity. EXCEPT WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW, PARTICIPATION IN THE SWEEPSTAKES CONSTITUTES EACH WINNER'S GRANT TO SPONSOR (WHICH GRANT WILL BE CONFIRMED IN WRITING ON REQUEST OF SPONSOR), THEIR PARENTS, SUBSIDIARIES, AFFILIATES, FRANCHISEES, ADVERTISING AND PROMOTION AGENCIES, AND THOSE ACTING PURSUANT TO ITS AUTHORITY, THE RIGHT AND PERMISSION TO PRINT, PUBLISH, BROADCAST, AND USE, WORLDWIDE IN ANY MEDIA NOW KNOWN OR HEREAFTER DEVELOPED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WORLD WIDE WEB, AT ANY TIME OR TIMES, EACH WINNER'S NAME, PORTRAIT, PICTURE, VOICE, LIKENESS, OPINIONS AND BIOGRAPHICAL INFORMATION (INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO HOMETOWN AND STATE) FOR ADVERTISING, TRADE, AND PROMOTIONAL PURPOSES (INCLUDING THE ANNOUNCEMENT OF HIS OR HER NAME ON TELEVISION OR RADIO BROADCAST) WITHOUT ADDITIONAL CONSIDERATION, COMPENSATION, PERMISSION, OR NOTIFICATION. PARTICIPANT AGREES THAT SPONSOR SHALL OWN THE ENTRIES, WHICH WILL NOT BE ACKNOWLEDGED OR RETURNED, AND THAT SPONSOR AND ITS DESIGNEES SHALL HAVE THE PERPETUAL, WORLDWIDE RIGHT TO EDIT, PUBLISH AND USE THE ENTRIES IN ANY WAY AND IN ANY MEDIA FOR TRADE, ADVERTISING, PROMOTIONAL AND/OR OTHER PURPOSES AS SPONSOR AND/OR ITS DESIGNEES MAY DETERMINE WITHOUT FURTHER CONSIDERATION TO PARTICIPANTS OR ANY THIRD PARTY.
11. Release and Limitations of Liability. Participant agrees to release and hold harmless Sponsor, its marketing agencies, Facebook, Inc., Russell Brands, LLC and their respective parents, affiliates, subsidiaries, representatives, consultants, contractors, legal counsel, advertising, public relations, promotion, prize fulfillment and each of their respective officers, directors, employees, shareholders, representatives, successors, assigns and agents ("Released Parties"), from and against any claim or cause of action arising out of participation in the Sweepstakes or receipt or use or misuse of any prize.
The Released Parties are not responsible for, and Participant hereby releases Sponsor and agencies from any claims or causes of action arising from: (1) incorrect or inaccurate transcription of entry information, winner verification information, or lost, stolen, illegible, incomplete, misdirected entries, or entries received through impermissible, unauthorized or illegitimate channels, all of which will be disqualified; (2) technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to the malfunctioning of any telephone, computer, network, hardware or software; (3) the unavailability or inaccessibility of website or any other service; (4) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Sweepstakes and/or incomplete, inaccurate or incomplete information being displayed on website whether due to unauthorized human intervention, equipment failure/malfunction or other cause; (5) electronic or human error which may occur in the administration of the Sweepstakes or the processing of entries; (6) any injury or damage to persons or property, including but not limited to Participant's computer (or any information/materials stored thereon), which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, by Participant's participation in the Sweepstakes or from downloading any material from Sponsor's or related web site(s), regardless of whether the material was prepared by Sponsor, agency, or a third party, and regardless of whether the material is connected to a Sponsor's or agency's web site by a hypertext link. Proof of sending or submission of entry will not be deemed proof of receipt by Sponsor.
BY PARTICIPATING IN THIS SWEEPSTAKES, PARTICIPANT AGREES THAT THE RELEASED PARTIES WILL HAVE NO LIABILITY WHATSOEVER FOR, AND SHALL BE HELD HARMLESS BY PARTICIPANTS AGAINST, ANY LIABILITY FOR ANY INJURIES, LOSSES OR DAMAGES OF ANY KIND TO PERSONS, INCLUDING PERSONAL INJURY OR DEATH, OR PROPERTY RESULTING IN WHOLE OR IN PART, DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY, FROM ACCEPTANCE, POSSESSION, MISUSE, OR USE OF THE PRIZE, ENTRY, OR PARTICIPATION IN THIS SWEEPSTAKES OR IN ANY SWEEPSTAKES RELATED ACTIVITY, OR ANY CLAIMS BASED ON PUBLICITY RIGHTS, DEFAMATION OR INVASION OF PRIVACY, OR MERCHANDISE DELIVERY. THE RELEASED PARTIES ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE IF ANY PRIZE CANNOT BE AWARDED DUE TO CANCELLATIONS, DELAYS, OR INTERRUPTIONS DUE TO ACTS OF GOD, ACTS OF WAR, NATURAL DISASTERS, WEATHER, OR TERRORISM. BY PARTICIPATING IN THIS SWEEPSTAKES, PARTICIPANT AGREES THAT THE RELEASED PARTIES WILL NOT BE RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR ANY INJURIES, DAMAGES, OR LOSSES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES TO PERSONS, INCLUDING DEATH, OR TO PROPERTY ARISING OUT OF ACCESS TO AND USE OF ANY WEB SITE ASSOCIATED WITH THIS SWEEPSTAKES OR THE DOWNLOADING FROM AND/OR PRINTING MATERIAL DOWNLOADED FROM SUCH SITE.
WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, EVERYTHING REGARDING THIS SWEEPSTAKES, INCLUDING THE PRIZE, IS PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. SOME JURISDICTIONS MAY NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OR EXCLUSION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES, SO SOME OF THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY. CHECK LOCAL LAWS FOR ANY RESTRICTIONS OR LIMITATIONS REGARDING THESE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS.
12. Disputes. To the fullest extent permitted by law, Participant agrees that: (1) any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes or any prizes awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action; (2) judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Sweepstakes but in no event attorneys' fees; and (3) under no circumstances will Participant be permitted to obtain awards for and Participant hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased.
13. Jury Trial Waiver. EXPECT AS PROHIBITED BY LAW AND AS A CONDITION OF PARTICIPATING IN THIS CONTEST, PARTICIPANT HEREBY WAIVES ANY RIGHT HE/SHE MAY HAVE TO A TRIAL BY JURY IN RESPECT TO ANY LITIGATION DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY ARISING OUT OF, UNDER OR IN CONNECTION WITH THIS CONTEST, ANY DOCUMENT OR AGREEMENT ENTERED INTO CONNECTION HEREWITH AND ANY OF THE TRANSACTIONS CONTEMPLATED HEREBY OR THEREBY.
14. Choice of Law. Issues concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules shall be governed by the laws of the State of California, without regard to any principles of conflict of laws.
15. Privacy. Participant acknowledges and agrees that participation in this Sweepstakes requires providing personal information to Sponsor, not Facebook.
17. Sponsorship. This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook.
18. Winner's List: For first name and last initial, and state/province of Sweepstakes prize winners, send an email with Subject Line: " Harlem Globetrotters Biggest Ticket Giveaway
Ever (Sweepstakes) Sweepstakes Winners" to [email protected].
Copyright ©2013 Harlem Globetrotters. All Rights Reserved.